Saturday, September 8, 2012

Daily declutter

If you've been following my twitter feed, you'll know that this week, whilst interviewing & getting ready for my holiday, that I've felt totally overwhelmed by our possessions...

This was exacerbated by finding mould attacking my shoe shelves :(

I find it's constantly a battle to keep our apartment tidy, as we have too much stuff, in too small a space.

So I've decided I'm going to tackle it head on, try & declutter 5 things per day... It will continue after the holiday but decided to start today:

Items trashed:

Pair of slippers, 2 fold up chairs, one heater & 2 razors

I need to get back control!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the de-cluttering. Did you try the clove oil? Mould is revolting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe our local (massive) Westfield doesn't have a proper health food store? Says so much really... Had to make do with some commercial mould cleaner from Coles (supposed to be natural... Ish

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your task ahead. We had a mould problem at our old place in the robes and I used those plastic containers you buy in supermarkets in the 'handyman' section that are designed to attract moisture. Seemed to work. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good time to do some spring cleaning! I looked at that declutter calendar I think you posted at the beginning of the year? It looked overwhelming. So I've decided to just keep on keeping on with doing regular wardrobe declutters (much to the joy of my sister). I still have a growing pile of brand new things that I should have never bought to eBay though. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is almost here, technically the 21st, and it's time for Spring cleaning. Nothing wrong with throwing 1 thing a day, or go hard and throw 5 things a day.

    Mmmmm....I should start.

    ReplyDelete