Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Flying Delta...

On my last trip to the USA Mr TPS & I flew Delta for the first time - this is partly because we have lots of Velocity points with Virgin & Delta partner with them. Also wanted to try out their herringbone configuration, as I would be flying home alone & didn't want to share/have to climb over anyone, which would have been the case with Virgin.

I was quite impressed!!!

Forgot to take pics on the way over, but made sure I did on my solo trip home.

Flew out of the new Terminal 4 at JFK - it opened just in time for my return trip.

The Delta 'flagship' skyclub was amazing...

Started off with a shower after a half day of last-minute shopping in NYC. Totally refreshing & changed into my comfy clothes ahead of my 19+ hour flights ahead.


Found a seat by the window...


Spotted an A380 - I am such a plane nerd!!


(After I took that crappy photo on my iphone, a guy came along with his D-SLR & monster lens, I felt much less nerdy)

Stocked up on snacks, accompanied by a purchase from the bar...



Before heading out to check out the sky deck....




Checked out the lounging room on the way back in...


Before heading to my gate, where the plane was waiting....


Once onboard I took seat 3A - all the odd numbered A seats have the table between you & the aisle, which I felt gave more privacy...



Dinner (JFK - LAX)




(The service on this flight was a bit poor, everyone in the front cabin seemed to be quite inexperienced?)

Changed planes in LAX - in true LAX fashion the flight was delayed - if I'd known before arriving at the gate I would've checked out the sky club there too.

Chose seat 7A on the way over & back due to it's reports of more privacy - I haven't sat in any of the others, but this seat was definitely private & I got a decent sleep on the way home.











Service on this flight was perfect.








2 comments: