Friday, May 23, 2014

Sold!!!

As a follow up to my 'Pre-Auction Thoughts' post last week, I wanted to let you know that we won!!!

It did go slightly higher than our agreed purchase price, although we bought it for the exact price I told Mr TPS it would be the first day we walked through it.

On auction day I was amazed at the number of people who were going through the prior inspection for the first time, at least one of these was a registered bidder on the day.

Although there were at least 30 people at the auction, there were only about 6 registered bidders, and only 2 of us actually bidding.

We could tell the other guy had really pushed himself when he went over our agreed maximum. That, my initial thought on the price & the fact that we were nowhere near our budgeted maximum led us to bid higher. We also really liked it, suits us perfectly as this stage in our lives.

Once we made our final bid it was finally 'on the market' - the reserve was higher than I'd expected & I fully thought someone would pipe up at the last minute & outbid us! Thank god no one did.

At the moment it all feels surreal & there is a bit of a long settlement. My mum & I keep giggling over the fact that we know very little detail about the house ie Is there a screen door at the laundry door? Turns out I just happened to take a picture showing that there is - I sure as hell couldn't remember!! My mum also laughs about how excited I am about the little things: having my own bins (many of you will remember my endless whinging about shared bins at the apartment), a dishwasher, gas stove & plantation shutters. Oh & more than one toilet ;)

Can't wait to continue to share with you updates on our home, as well as purchases along the way. Not to mention the declutter I plan to have as we move in...

12 comments:

  1. Yay this is very exciting!! I know how you feel about not remembering the details of the place and having to rely on photos to recall things.

    If you don't mind me asking, how much more than what the agent first quoted as a sale price did you end up paying? Trying to gauge how much to add onto what real estate agents quote as an estimated sale price. Feel free to DM :)

    Can't wait to hear more about the progression of your new abode! Kx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely DM you, sorry things have been mental!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I can't wait to read these posts.

    It took us over a year to finally get our house - we also won at auction in the end. Funny you should mention knowing very little detail about the house... when we finally settled on ours, we realised that there were no fly screens on any of the windows and that all windows has been painted shut - haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - OMG now I'm going back through my pics to check if there are screens!!!

      Delete
  3. Own bins are handy until you forget to put them out and chase the garbage truck down in your pjs. How I spent my morning.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I always thought that the bins should be a mr tps job - you're right I'm going to end up running after them

      Delete
  4. Congratulations lovely, so happy for you!
    Lol at 'winning' ... This is why even ebay is dangerous for me. My mind can't get around winning over buying ;)
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry its definitely in my head that we bought it ;)

      Delete
  5. Congrats! So glad that your hard work has paid off. Can't wait to hear more about how you'll make this new house your home xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So looking forward to it - 2 & a half months to go!

      Delete
  6. YAY! lucky nobody piped up.. 6 people registered but only 2 bidders. Phew!
    Wait till you forget to put the bins out and you're running out half naked chasing the truck in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...
      I know my heart was seriously pounding - more than at a resus!!!

      Delete